Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meet the Teacher

If you've been reading this blog for the past month, I bet you're probably thinking, Meet the Teacher?? That doesn't have anything to do with your clothing challenge this month! And you're right, but one of my favorite teaching blogs, The First Grade Parade, (Thanks, Meghan, for getting me hooked), is having a Linky Party (oh, the things you learn about once you enter blogland) and I wanted to join up, so here goes...

A little bit about me...

I've been teaching 1st grade for the past 6 years (with one year spent in 2nd grade). I love teaching on days like this when we have 2 snow days in a row and I can just hibernate in my house while it's freezing outside!

As a diversion from teaching, my sister and I have recently been blogging about our fashion adventures. Last month we tried a 6 Items or Less challenge where we picked 6 items and wore only them for the month. This month, I'm trying to simplify my wardrobe by wear different items of clothing everyday and donating most of what I don't wear at the end of the month. Check out our other posts on this blog for more info.

Here I am, modeling a couple of outfits from my February challenge...


Now onto the Q & A:

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                             
A:  I would have a cute little bakery/coffee shop/craft store with my sister, cousin, aunt, and cousin-in-law. It is our secret dream to quit the jobs we have and open this little store!

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A:  My new hobby is definitely blogging and blogstalking. I have been posting and reaing blogs A LOT these past 2 snow days. I also love baking and knitting. (Check out my baking blog here)

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                     
A: I can't remember ever really wanting to be anything - this definitely caused me problems when I got to college - it took me a year and a half to declare a major!
  
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                 
 A: Diet Coke, Netflix (I can watch almost anything!), and those frosted animal crackers with the round sprinkles - I could eat the whole bag at once if I'm not careful!

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                      
 A: SPIDERS! I used to have dreams nightmares that I would come home from vacation and my room would be covered with them. Gives me shivers just thinking about it!

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                  
 A: I love vacation! I really love to go and explore places I've never been before. In October, I went to San Antonio with the fam, and it was so fun (and warm), and this Spring Break I'm hoping to go to Italy to visit my cousin who's spending the semester there.
                                                         
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   
A: I love that little sign that seems to be everywhere these days - Keep calm and carry on. The best advice is to live in the moment instead of wishing for what could be.

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                   
A: I value creativity because I don't have a lot of it myself! I also value friends who are loyal.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        
A: Hmm...no kids yet, but thanks for rubbing it in! Seriously, I would want my kids to have a sense of fun and be able to create fun in their lives. Example: All of the crazy traditions my family has like, Thanksgiving Projects or Celebrating Groundhog day at Portillo's (check it out here or here for more details).

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                               
A: Definitely Jimmy Fallon and my roommate. We know that if he just gave us a chance, we could be BFF's! LOVE HIM!!

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I love being an extra in movies. So far I've worked on The Express (you can see me walking across the screen in a hideous blond wig), The Dilemma (you can see my car for about 5 seconds, but not me), and Contagion. You meet tons of new people and it's a lot of fun, whether or not you end up being in the final cut of the movie.
Hope you had fun learning a little bit more about me, and be sure to check out all of the other fun blogs in the linky party...

No comments:

Post a Comment