Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Here is just a little taste of my Valentine's Day in 1st grade...


One of my little kiddos came in this morning before school started. In his hand he had a giant black plastic bag with long white sticks poking out of it...


I peeked inside and found...dun, dun, dun...


...18 fairly large heart-shaped balloons on sticks! I didn't really know what to think of this development, so I sent my little kiddo off to breakfast and shoved the bag of balloons under my desk where they safely hid until the end of the day.

In other frivolous-less news, I didn't have to buy any of my own Valentine's candy this year. I think the kids might have gone overboard with the gifts. When we got home, my roommate and I spread out all of our swag on the counter and here's what it (still) looks like...


So if you're in the mood for some generic chocolates or a creepy cat stuffed animal, come on over!

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha....that is A LOT of Valentine stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being teacher has many dangers I never thought about, like getting candy for every holiday! My valentine's day candy is already gone :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete