Monday, February 14, 2011

Free is not Frivolous - Part One

February is surprisingly turning out to be a month full of new things for me: clothes, jewelry, more jewelry, more clothes.  You would probably call it frivolous if you didn't know that all of these new things have been for free!  And since I've been receiving such great goodies this month, I thought I'd share them with you.  Because free is not frivolous.

The first of these free things was hand-me-down clothes & jewelry.  Remember how I said that Allison's wardrobe is significantly larger than mine.  Well, what I didn't mention is that sometimes Allison's frivolous-less-ness results in my wardrobe growing!  This weekend I was over at her house & did a little "shopping" in her Goodwill pile.  And I left with a bag full of four sweaters, one short-sleeved shirt, one necklace, a pair of shoes, and even a pair of socks.



Of course, I have to wear them before the month is over in order to keep them in my closet, but I'm sure it won't be a problem!  (Stay tuned for more of my free & frivolous-less new items.)



2 comments:

  1. (Gasp) Why would anyone throw away those darling shoes? You did good girl. I love shopping through others throw away piles. That is where some of my best items have came from. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shoes didn't fit...i tried to wear them a couple of times and they hurt my feet...sad

    also, aimee - the sweater looks cute!

    ReplyDelete