Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day: Snow Day Edition

2 great things happened today... 1. SNOW DAY! (no school) AND 2. The groundhog DIDN'T see his shadow so we'll have early spring! Hmmm...since this is the view out my front door today...



...I'm not sure I believe that spring will ever come! You can see in the left picture especially how the entire street is covered over with snow. Someone tried to start plowing, but didn't get very far. And yes, we still have Christmas lights up outside, but they're not plugged in, so please no judging!

Since this is day 2 of Frivolous-less February, and also a Wednesday, I decided to link up with The Pleated Poppy again and share what is already in my "Off Limits Laundry Basket". If you haven't read about February's challenge, check it out here.

I was SO excited to finally get to wear this skirt yesterday:


One of my good friends has been teaching in Ghana (Africa) for the past 2 years and this year she brought me this amazing skirt home as a Christmas present. I love the bright colors, plus it has pockets! Unfortunately, I didn't get it until January, so I had to wait until 6 items or less was done to be able to wear it. Sad. But it was the perfect thing to wear after all of the blacks and blues from January. I wore it with this black sweater from Ann Taylor Loft and some black tights: 


For today, it wouldn't be Groundhog Day without wearing one of the shirts we had made a few years ago to celebrate the day. We are mildly obsessed with G-hog Day in my family. Yes, we have shirts and every year we meet at Portillo's for some chocolate cake to celebrate. A few years ago, we even made a trip to Punxsutawney, PA to see Phil predict the weather in person. Not kidding, see for yourself...




All that to say, I am definitely wearing my Groundhog Day shirt, with some sweatpants - after all, it is a snowday. I might put a sweater (and some shoes) on if we make it out for cake tonight.

Here's a close-up of the front and back of the shirt...


 Happy Groundhog Day 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment