Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm In.... Well, Kind Of

Maybe you've been wondering if I've decided to join Allison for "Frivolous-less February"  (or maybe not), and the answer is yes.  Well, kind of yes.  I'm in for bits & pieces of it.

Here are the commitments I'm making:

(1) The closet challenge - YES - with my own rules:
    • I can wear items more than once.  (In case you don't know Allison, her closet is bigger & more full than mine!  While she may have enough clothes to dress differently everyday of the month, I'm not 100% sure that I will.)  I'll try not too, but I already know that my jeans will be worn more than once.  For sure.
    • This probably goes without saying, but just in case, clothes that are out of season don't count.  Of course I won't be sending all my summer clothes to the thrift after the month is over.
    • I will be sending a pile of the unworn clothing to the thrift (or to my crafting collection for some upcycling) at the end of the month.
    • Same as Allison - accessories don't count, special occasions do, and this is for clothing worn most of the day.


(2)   The spending challenge - HMMM..... It's not that I plan to be frivolously spending this February or anything, but I'm just not sure I can totally commit.  After all, I already went to lunch at Chick-fil-A today - with Allison, I might add, but while she had a gift card, I was spending real money!  So, I think I'll commit to semi-frivolous-less (that's a mouthful) February for this one.  I will TRY not to spend very much money.  But the husband & I are known to make trips to Qdoba for taco salads when we don't feel like cooking.  (Can I count that as frivolous-less since teachers get free drinks?).  I don't know if we'll be throwing that one out the window.  So I'm leaving this challenge with a half-hearted "I'll try", and I'll just keep you posted on what happens.

I told you I was in.... well, kind of!



   

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you. There are several challenges that I've "THOUGHT" about trying but then just couldn't commit. I will be watching to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete