Saturday, February 19, 2011

Breakin' the Rules

I SHOULD NOT be allowed to go shopping. I mean, don't even let me set foot in a store. It's too dangerous! Here's what I mean...

Today I was shopping with my mom to find something for her to wear to a wedding we are going to this weekend {Congrats, Heidi!}. I just went along to keep her company beacause I was pretty sure I could find something in my own closet to wear. After all, isn't that the rule - nothing new?

But I was also pretty sure that I was going to buy one basic black t-shirt or sweater to wear with the dress that I already own. And I was ok with that, because basic black isn't too frivolous and I would surely wear it a lot, right?

Well, I found the shirt I was looking for, but I also found a coat. And I know I own too many coats already, but when you see how adorable it is, I hope you'll forgive me for being a little bit frivolous...



I just love all of the ruffles and the belt. I couldn't help it!

 But I should say that I did show some self-restraint while shopping today - there was another shirt I wanted, but did not buy. Also, I went to Charming Charlie for the first time, and let me tell you, it is a store full of temptations. If you haven't been, find one and go. Super fun, inexpensive accessories in every color you can imagine! But I was frivolous-less and didn't buy anthing. I'll wait and be frivolous there in March.

Oh, and one more thought about the coat - I'm thinking that, as a punishment for being frivolous, I should hang it in my closet and not be allowed to wear it until March. Seems appropriate, right? 

4 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? Wear that coat, it is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the coat is so pretty! I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping me break the rules! It's getting cold here again, so I think the coat might have to wait 'til March anyways!

    ReplyDelete