Saturday, February 5, 2011

Meet the {Other} Teacher




Since Allison linked up with The First Grade Parade, I thought I might as well join the party.  After all, I'm a teacher too.  So as Allison mentioned in her post, our blog really isn't about teaching, but little bits and pieces related to our jobs might be thrown in here and there.  We started our little blog to document our journey through January when we attempted to wear only six(ish) items of clothing, creating new outfits with our accessories.
I'm on the left, Allison's on the right.  We had to share a few accessories throughout the challenge!

We survived and (I think) passed with flying colors, and since we had so much fun blogging about it, we decided to keep our blog going with a new February challenge: Frivolous-less February.
This month we are trying not to spend money frivolously & we're also trying to clean out our frivolous closets by wearing everything inside them.  If we don't wear an item, it gets sent to the thrift after February.  So far, Allison's doing a great job, and me - well, I'm doing okay (but I only made half-hearted commitments to this challenge!)

Alright, onto the Q&A from The First Grade Parade (minus one because I couldn't think of a good answer):

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                           
A:  I don't know because there's about a zillion things I want to do (and I'm always thinking up more).  The truth is that when I'm not a teacher, I'll probably be a stay at home mom.  But in my dreams, I'll ALSO be an author, a co-owner of that little bakery Allison mentioned, a photographer, an etsy shop owner, a tutor for kids in the inner city - starting all kinds of programs I have in my head, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I just can't remember I want to be!  


Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                  
A: Right now: blogging & crafting.

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                   
A: A teacher (we loved playing school) & a singer (we also loved singing on the fireplace with our hairbrush microphones).

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                              
 A: Diet Coke.  And chocolate.  And ice cream.  Okay, anything sweet.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                   
 A: Squirrels.  Seriously, they kind of freak me out.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                               
 A: There's no set place.  But my favorite kinds of vacations are the ones in WARM places, the kind where you mostly just sit on the beach and do nothing.

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                 
A: I love people who just genuinely love other people, even if those other people give them nothing in return.  (Does that make sense?)

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                      
A: I think I have to say almost the same thing as Allison, but one of the things I love about our family is all the fun little things we do.  The other day, I was telling Nate about all the fun things my parents did for us when we were little (dying lunch foods green for St. Patrick's day, Decorating our rooms with crepe paper for birthdays, hidden buddies for Valentine's Day, etc., etc.) - Fun, inexpensive, but unforgettable!  I hope that fun-ness continues with me and is passed down to my kids.  Showing love (to our families & others) in little, thoughtful, genuine ways.  I know that's not really a personality trait, but close enough!

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                            
A: Well, I love lunch with my husband, but I don't think that's the idea behind this question, so maybe... oh dear!  This is pathetic.  I can't think of anyone.  So, yep, lunch with the husband would be the best for me!



Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
Well, I told you I like to blog, so I guess my random fact will be that I also blog over at Someone's Gotta Pay.  This is my little blog devoted to another passion of mine - little choices I can make to love people around the world, simple ways that I can try to live ethically.  Check it out if you want!

Hope you had fun learning a little bit more about me, and be sure to check out all of the other fun blogs in the linky party...


No comments:

Post a Comment