Monday, January 31, 2011

Last Day, Hooray!

Every year on the last day of the school year, I read a book to my students called Last Day, Hooray! In the story, the kids have to clean up their classroom and take everything home. They are sad that everything is coming off the walls and they won't see their teacher and friends everyday. But then they start thinking about everything that happened during the year, and the teacher gives them gold stars and tells them what a great job they've done in school, and everyone goes home happy.

I kind of feel like those kids today - I am packing up my 6 items and I won't see them everyday anymore. I think I'll even miss them a little bit. I enjoyed the easiness and routine of knowing what I would wear the next day. Even if I was running late in the morning, I knew all I had to do was pick up a couple of the items off the chair (or the floor) and I would be all set to go! It was much easier than my usual routine of standing in the closet wondering what to wear or trying on three different outfits before deciding! Even though I was worried in the beginning that I would be bored wearing just 6 items, I actually enjoyed the challenge of making each outfit look different and using the items and accessories in different ways.

I'd like to think that I will look at buying clothing differently now and maybe not spend so much money on clothing or so much time trying to look nice. I've realized that people don't notice your clothing as much as you might think they do. I've also learned that it's not really that hard to make different outfits out of the same clothes. Maybe this will change the way I pack for vacations! These are just a few of my thoughts about the experience - nothing truly life-changing, but it's something to think about.

Going back to my story, I also think that we, like the kids in the book, deserve some gold stars! It was a challenge, and I think we did pretty well. But I'll let you decide what you think while you look at my last five outfits...
















P.S. I'm starting a new, clean-out the closet challenge for February, so be sure to check it out tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. You really did do a fabulous job on this challenge. I just don't think I could have done it. Anxious for tomorrows new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...this makes me a little sad that it's over too. Great job! Great pictures! You're so cute! Your Mom :)

    ReplyDelete