Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Great Accessory Swap



Since we are getting close to the end of January, our accessory supplies were starting to dwindle.  So we came up with a plan: why not trade some accessories?  On Tuesday of last week, I hooked Allison up with a scarf, necklace, and sash; and on Wednesday, she returned the favor with a bag full of goodies.


And I've been thinking.  If part of this whole thing is to challenge our materialism, perhaps accessory swaps are one solution.  Instead of thinking we need MORE, MORE, MORE, and going out to buy yet another outfit, another necklace, or another pair of shoes.  Why not share the love, save money, & avoid consumerism?

An accessory swap is great because you don't have to worry about sizes.  Everyone can wear the same size necklace, scarf, or headband.  So perhaps next time I'm feeling a little blue about my wardrobe and thinking I could use a trip to the mall, perhaps I'll instead call up my sister or a friend to arrange an accessory swap.... Just an idea!






P.S. If you're visiting from Vintage Wanna Bee's Bloggy BFF Party, here's the deal.  My sis & I have been journeying through January with only 6 items of clothing (ish).... but don't worry; as you can see above, we've been wearing plentiful accessories!  To view some of our outfits, click here or here!

1 comment:

  1. http://familyfashionandfacts.blogspot.com/
    Yay! Such a fun bff party! I am following you LOVE your blog! so cute! hope you follow back and check out my blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete