Sunday, December 6, 2015

Dressember 2015 Recap: Week 1

I love Dressember for a lot of reasons. I love raising money and awareness for the issue of human trafficking. I love having a project/challenge to work on. I secretly love getting dressed up everyday. But one of the biggest reasons I love Dressember is because it brings together so many different people, all doing something small - like wearing a dress for a month, or donating a small amount of money, or sharing a facebook post - but when all of the small things are combined, it adds up to making a big difference. I'm already 30% of the way to my goal of $1000, and the entire Dressember campaign has raised over $250,000 so far. Amazing, right?!

And especially now, when it feels like the bad in this world is overwhelming the good, I'm grateful to have a small part in something spreading love and dignity instead of hate and fear.

So thanks for being a small part of my small part in Dressember. If you'd like to donate or help spread the word, here's the link to my page!


Happy Dressember! May your legs be warmer than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment